“Education is simply, the soul of a SOCIETY as it passes from one generation to the other”
Gilbert k Chesterton
This project has been designed considering the context of school going children in the targeted district and improve a resourceful learning environment for the children in the respective regions.
Providing school going children with necessary school kits is an increasingly powerful tool for improving access to educational information for children in both rural and metro areas. It is an impetus for both social and economic advancement. In order to encourage future generation with resourceful learning environment for education, this project focuses to provide necessary school kits to children in the targeted schools across the country. The project aims to improve learning facilities, empower school going children to develop their skills to be competitive and improve the education to relieve feelings of hopelessness, frustration and anger from their current situations.
OUR JOURNEY SO FAR,
- In 2016 we were able to provide school necessities for 250 children.
- In 2017 we were able to provide school necessities for 1009 children from different parts of the island.
- In 2018 we were able to provide school packs for over 1134 children across 7 provinces in Sri Lanka.
Target Audience for 2019: 1500 kids
- 300 kids in Batticaloa and Eravur
- 100 kids In Hambanthota
- 200 kids in Colombo
- 100 kids in Kilinochchi
- 100 kids in Wadawaan Trinco
- 150 kids in Payagala
- 100 kids in Morawaka
- 100 kids in Rakwaana
- 100 kids in Tangalle
- 150 kids in Kandy
- 100 other underprivileged kids
Goods that are planned to be given to each child;
- Shoes (a gift voucher to buy shoes)
- A school bag
- Water bottle
- Stationary pack
- 01 set of uniform materials
- 1500 School shoe gift vouchers (Rs 1000/- each)
- 1200 Lunchboxes (Children grade 9 below)
- 1200 Water bottles (Children grade 9 below)
- 10000 Single rulebooks
- 3000 Square rulebooks
- 1500 Drawing books
- 1000 CR books
- 1500 one-inch single rulebooks (kid’s grade 3 below)
- 1500 one-inch square rulebooks (kid’s grade 3 below)
- 1000 mathematical boxes
- 2000 pens (Black, Blue, and Red)
- 3000 Pencils
- 500 Scissors
- 1500 erasers
- 750 pencil cases
- 750 sharpeners
- 750 boxes of crayons
How you can contribute
It’s very simple… either you can sponsor one child for Rs: 3500/- or donating by some of the above listed items.
Drop off locations:
- Voice foundation office – 465 sri jayawardana pura Walikada Rajagiriya
- Xpress jobs.lk office No: 04, 3rd floor, Geethanjali place, Colombo 03 (09AM- 06PM)
Sponsorships and Donations
Cash / Cheque Donations, please send it to following account;
Account name; Voice Foundation
Account number; 101 000 432 815
Bank; National Development Bank (NDB), Battaramulla
Swift code; NDBSLKLX
We also would like to invite you to join with us on the day of the event which we will inform you in near future.
If you would like to know more about this project and how you could contribute, please do contact; Moses Akash – 0772512374, Acharanga 0772077102, Nazly: 0774904575, Xpress jobs.lk 0117422414